Gandy-Sun Bay South is a community within the city limits of Tampa, Florida and is part of the South Tampa Real Estate/South Tampa, Florida/South Tampa Homes that are available. Based on the 2000 census, the neighborhood’s population was 16,774. The ZIP Codes served in this area are 33616 and 33611.
Gandy-Sun Bay South boundaries are Tampa Bay to the west, Gandy Boulevard to the north, MacDill Avenue to the east and Interbay Boulevard/Everett Avenue/Tampa Bay to the south. The community is part of the South Tampa district.
As of the 2000 census, there were 7,344 households. The per capita income for the community was $19,502.
Gandy/Sun Bay South is served by Hillsborough County Public Schools.
The public primary and secondary schools are:
- Monroe Middle School
- Robinson High School
- Lanier Elementary School
- Westshore Elementary School in Port Tampa
- Chiaramonte Elementary School
The schools located in the neighborhood are Robinson High, Chiaramonte Elementary, Lanier Elementary, and Monroe Middle.
You are encouraged to join us in our efforts to improve the quality of life in our community. If you live south of Gandy Blvd. and are interested in improving our neighborhood, being involved in our community plan for sound growth management and becoming an integral part of our growth, please contact us.
Our Civic Center is located at 4207 W. Oklahoma Ave. Tampa, FL 33616.
We meet the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:30pm.
Our mailing address is P.O. Box 130214, Tampa, FL 33681-0214. Phone: 813-489-6161.
Gandy-Sun Bay South, Tampa FL is extremely livable.
- Cost of living A+
- Cost of living 86 (100 is average), 5% lower than Tampa.
- Cost of gasoline $3.75, equal to Tampa.
- Education C. High school graduation rate 80%, 3% higher than Tampa.
- Employment C. Median household income $47,392, 9% higher than Tampa.
- Average commute time 24 minutes, 4% lower than Tampa.
- Housing: C+. Median housing value $144,270.
- Weather A+. Average summer temperature 82 degrees. Average winter temperature 63 degrees. Air quality 2 days with poor air quality (1 is best).
๑۩๑ Mike & Michelle Team ๑۩๑