Downtown Tampa Condos For Sale
Search real estate & MLS listings in Downtown Tampa
Downtown Tampa is quickly becoming one of the city’s most popular and stylish destinations. More and more people are not only choosing to work in this urban center, but Downtown Tampa is seeing a rise in the number of people who call it home. Converted lofts and condominium developments have changed the dynamic of the downtown area, and for those who wish to live in an environment with a decidedly city feel, Downtown Tampa is a great choice.
Search Downtown Tampa Condos For Sale
|All Listings||$100,000 - $200,000||$200,000 - $300,000|
|$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000||$500,000 - $600,000|
|$600,000 - $700,000|
While Downtown Tampa is the city’s central business district, more and more people are choosing to live in the area. The neighborhood is defined by Hillsborough River to the west, Channelside to the east, Interstate 275 to the north, and Davis Islands and Harbour Island to the south. Those looking for city living will enjoy the kind of first-class amenities that downtown’s lofts and highrise condos offer such as fitness centers, security, concierge service, pools, hot tubs, and spectacular skyline and water views.
Downtown Tampa can be divided into several districts, including:
- Channel District – this area is home to many prominent downtown venues such as the Tampa Convention Center, the Tampa Bay Times forum, the Tampa Bay History Center, the Florida Aquarium, and the SS American Victory. Often referred to as “Channelside”, the district is known for its nightlife and cultural destinations and is home to several highrise condo developments.
- University Area – this area is the city’s educational hub and contains the University of Tampa. It is located on the western boundary just across the Hillsborough River.
- Encore – this district is comprised of the northern half of downtown and is currently experiencing an expansive revitalization. Developers boast that Encore will become a “city within a city” and the project is expected to create thousands of jobs for the area.
- Riverwalk – Riverwalk is a park next to the river that serves as a media park and as a breezeway for downtown.
Downtown Tampa Arts and Culture
There is much to see and do in Downtown Tampa, from exceptional dining and shopping to wonderful cultural events to exciting nightlife opportunities. Some of the highlights include:
- The Florida Aquarium – features more than 20,000 aquatic plants and animals from all over the world
- The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
- The Glazer Children’s Museum
- The Henry B. Plant Museum – educating visitors about the Gilded Age lifestyle of old Tampa Bay
- The SS American Victory ship – built during WWII, this ship was preserved in 1998 to serve as a museum ship
- The Tampa Bay History Center
- The Tampa Museum of Art
- The David A. Straz Jr. Center for the Performing Arts – featuring Broadway series, operas, concerts, performances and other events
- The Tampa Theatre – shows a wide range of independent, foreign and documentary films
Downtown Tampa Transportation
Public transportation in Tampa is operated by HART (Hillsborough Area Regional Transit). There are many bus lines that run through Downtown Tampa as well as the TECO Line Streetcar System, a 2.4 mile streetcar line that goes from central Downtown into Ybor City. The main hub of the HART system is the Marion Transit Center, located in the north end of downtown. It is serviced by 30 local and express routes.
Go back to Downtown Tampa real estate for sale ^
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on November 20th, 2018 at 7:15pm EST.